You may be vaguely aware that both Bob and Pete are vinyl junkies and are rarely to be seen without a small 7″ shaped box when they are on dj’ing duties. It made incredibly good sense that, for 2011 Record Store Day, we should release some of the St Et singles that didn’t come out on 7″ the first time round. So…
- We’re releasing a limited edition (1500 copies only) box set of 7″ singles, for record store day, on Saturday April 16th.
- The box set will be the first of two (the second one to come out next year) that will include six 7″ singles – each one a Saint Etienne single not previously released on our fave format. Some (Lose That Girl and Shower Scene) are singles we wanted to release that for one reason or another never came out in the UK.
- Each single caries the original artwork as it would have appeared at the time of issue.
- Many of the B-side tracks are appearing on vinyl for the first time.
- Box One contains:
- Avenue c/w Stranger In Paradise
- He’s On The Phone c/w How I Learned To Love The Bomb
- Lose That Girl c/w Swim Swan Swim
- How We Used To Live Pt 1 c/w How We Used To Live Pt 2
- Boy Is Crying c/w Northwestern
- Shower Scene c/w Aqualad
The box, we’d like to think, is quite beautiful, designed – as is the insert – by Paul Kelly. And the pressing quality is top notch – mastering by the redoubtable Guy Davie.
In other news…
Having had fun in Singapore we’ve decided to book up a few more live dates; this time were heading off to Scandinavia for a short trip that takes in:
And don’t forget we’re playing in London at KoKo on Saturday 30th April too!
Now we’ve filled your diary and emptied your wallet, back we go into the studio. We’ll be playing a handful of new songs at KoKo and in Scandinavia so you can keep tabs on our progress.
See you soon,
Sarah Bob and Pete xxx